August marks the first anniversary of StreetPass Long Island, and we decided to throw a huge event to celebrate! Since Pokemon is wildly popular in our group, and the new Pokemon X&Y games are due out this October, we thought it might be fun to host a Pokemon Generation 5 Send-Off Party for our First Anniversary. The party included a PVGC Doubles Tournament, a Cosplay Contest, a Plushie Contest, as well as Trivia and Funfest Missions! There was pizza, cookies, cake and prizes for all who attended!
If you weren’t able to make it to our First Anniversary Party (what a shame!) please visit Clash Tournaments on Twitch TV to watch a recording of the live stream! We hope you enjoy it!
…there is a Medal system in the game which essentially [is] a list of tasks to complete within the game. There are however, 2 problem medals which are to have 30 people in one Funfest Mission (These are minigames, you can learn more about them here: http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/fun … sion.shtml) and to earn 1,000 points in a Funfest mission. These are both impossible without a decent amount of people to play with.
What you’ll need:
1. One of the following: A Nintendo DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS or 3DS XL.
2. A copy of either Pokémon Black 2 or White 2.
3. Have the C-Gear turned on.
4. The “Find Lost Items!” Funfest mission. To unlock this you will need to have completed the “Collect Berries!” Funfest mission.
5. Preferably have Level 3 of the “Find Lost Items!” Mission unlocked. You can do this my completing Level 1 and 2.
6. Have access to Driftveil City (The city with the 5th badge that is next to the Pokémon World Tournament.)
How to play in the event:
1. Go to Driftveil City and take one step onto the Driftveil Drawbridge (From the Driftveil side, not the Nimbasa City side).
2. On the C-Gear, select “Wireless” and then “Extralink”.
3. Talk to the “Entree” (The thing in the middle) and then select “Accept a Funfest Mission”.
4. Choose “Find Lost Items!” and select “Level 3” (Move the D-Pad right with the mission hilighted to do this). If the mission isn’t there, select “Collect Berries!” and play through that, this should unlock it. Then you should complete “Level 1” and “Level 2”. (Don’t worry if you are having trouble, this method will explain how to do VERY well).
5. When the mission starts (On any level) make your way across the Driftveil Drawbridge and collect all of the items you see (These are the shiny things) and head east to Route 5.
6. Collect the items on Route 5 and don’t bother with the ones in the grass, time is too precious for backtracking or random battles.
7. Enter Nimbasa City and make your way along the top collecting items as you go and then down and right into the Ferris Wheel area.
8. Make your way around the Ferris Wheel area collecting items as you go.
9. Exit the Ferris Wheel area and make your way South into Join Avenue.
10. Make your way through Join Avenue onto Route 4 collecting items as you go.
11. Collect items on Route 4 whilst making your way south. DO NOT LET THE TRAINER SEE YOU, this will waste precious time. To avoid the trainer that battles you every time that you are on Route 4, stay on the left most side.
12. Enter Castelia City and collect the items surrounding the fountain.
13. Take the right most path and collect the items until you get to the next screen.
14. Finally, make your way left and collect the items you see here. This is the point at which the time should run out.
If we all follow these guidelines, it should be easy to get the 30 Person Funfest Medal! We’ll see you at Empire Gaming in Farmingdale, NY on August 18th! Registration for the PVGC Doubles Tournament will start at 11AM, with the Tournament starting at 12PM. But the Funfest Missions will be going on all day!
In addition, we also plan to play some other multiplayer games, such as Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi’s Mansion 2, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Tetris Axis, and others! Got any suggestions? Or will we be too busy funfesting??
Here are StreetPass Long Island’s Highlights from E3!
At the Nintendo Booth
Footage of the prizes from the Nintendo 3DS Demo Booth
Third-Party Nintendo Merchandise
Third-Party Software Titles
The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses Concert
In conclusion, here is some videos we recorded at the concert. Sorry for the shaky/blurry footage, but it’s really just about the music right? The audio isn’t really fantastic either… guess you’ll just have to go see the Symphony for yourself to get the full experience! 🙂
This music is from the Spirit Tracks segment of the Symphony.
This music is from the Wind Waker segment of the Symphony.