August marks the first anniversary of StreetPass Long Island, and we decided to throw a huge event to celebrate! Since Pokemon is wildly popular in our group, and the new Pokemon X&Y games are due out this October, we thought it might be fun to host a Pokemon Generation 5 Send-Off Party for our First Anniversary. The party included a PVGC Doubles Tournament, a Cosplay Contest, a Plushie Contest, as well as Trivia and Funfest Missions! There was pizza, cookies, cake and prizes for all who attended!
If you weren’t able to make it to our First Anniversary Party (what a shame!) please visit Clash Tournaments on Twitch TV to watch a recording of the live stream! We hope you enjoy it!
…there is a Medal system in the game which essentially [is] a list of tasks to complete within the game. There are however, 2 problem medals which are to have 30 people in one Funfest Mission (These are minigames, you can learn more about them here: http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/fun … sion.shtml) and to earn 1,000 points in a Funfest mission. These are both impossible without a decent amount of people to play with.
What you’ll need:
1. One of the following: A Nintendo DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS or 3DS XL.
2. A copy of either Pokémon Black 2 or White 2.
3. Have the C-Gear turned on.
4. The “Find Lost Items!” Funfest mission. To unlock this you will need to have completed the “Collect Berries!” Funfest mission.
5. Preferably have Level 3 of the “Find Lost Items!” Mission unlocked. You can do this my completing Level 1 and 2.
6. Have access to Driftveil City (The city with the 5th badge that is next to the Pokémon World Tournament.)
How to play in the event:
1. Go to Driftveil City and take one step onto the Driftveil Drawbridge (From the Driftveil side, not the Nimbasa City side).
2. On the C-Gear, select “Wireless” and then “Extralink”.
3. Talk to the “Entree” (The thing in the middle) and then select “Accept a Funfest Mission”.
4. Choose “Find Lost Items!” and select “Level 3” (Move the D-Pad right with the mission hilighted to do this). If the mission isn’t there, select “Collect Berries!” and play through that, this should unlock it. Then you should complete “Level 1” and “Level 2”. (Don’t worry if you are having trouble, this method will explain how to do VERY well).
5. When the mission starts (On any level) make your way across the Driftveil Drawbridge and collect all of the items you see (These are the shiny things) and head east to Route 5.
6. Collect the items on Route 5 and don’t bother with the ones in the grass, time is too precious for backtracking or random battles.
7. Enter Nimbasa City and make your way along the top collecting items as you go and then down and right into the Ferris Wheel area.
8. Make your way around the Ferris Wheel area collecting items as you go.
9. Exit the Ferris Wheel area and make your way South into Join Avenue.
10. Make your way through Join Avenue onto Route 4 collecting items as you go.
11. Collect items on Route 4 whilst making your way south. DO NOT LET THE TRAINER SEE YOU, this will waste precious time. To avoid the trainer that battles you every time that you are on Route 4, stay on the left most side.
12. Enter Castelia City and collect the items surrounding the fountain.
13. Take the right most path and collect the items until you get to the next screen.
14. Finally, make your way left and collect the items you see here. This is the point at which the time should run out.
If we all follow these guidelines, it should be easy to get the 30 Person Funfest Medal! We’ll see you at Empire Gaming in Farmingdale, NY on August 18th! Registration for the PVGC Doubles Tournament will start at 11AM, with the Tournament starting at 12PM. But the Funfest Missions will be going on all day!
In addition, we also plan to play some other multiplayer games, such as Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi’s Mansion 2, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Tetris Axis, and others! Got any suggestions? Or will we be too busy funfesting??
Think you have the coolest, rarest, MOST AWESOME Pokemon Plushie on Long Island? Do you have an officially licensed Japanese Pokedoll? How about a rare, shiny-colored plushie? Something from Gen 1 that NOBODY has seen in 15 years?? Bring your coolest/rarest Pokemon Plushie to our event for a chance to win some AWESOME PRIZES. (Yes we are prepared to reward you just for having a cool plushie.) See you on August 18th!
-You must own the plushie.
-You are in charge of your plushie; SPLI is not responsible for lost, stolen or mixed up stuffed animals!
-Your plushie must be registered (we’ll have forms) to be entered in the contest.
-Plushie Contest will take place near the END of the party. You must be in attendance to win a prize!
-NO LIMIT TO NUMBER OF ENTRIES!!! Bring ’em all!!
-Entries are not required to be officially licensed. They can also be hand-made.
StreetPass Long Island is celebrating our First Anniversary! Join us as we host a party to honor this accomplishment, as well as to give Pokemon Generation V a proper send-off before the latest games, Pokemon X & Y are released!
Activities Will Include:
~ Pokemon Gen V Tournament
~ Pokemon Cosplay Contest
~ Pokemon “Rarest Plushie” Contest
~ Fun Fest Lounge
~ Pokedex 3D Pro Quizzes… and more!
MORE DETAILS TO COME!! Check back soon!
**MAIN TOURNAMENT WILL USE STANDARD PVGC RULESET!!**
– All competitors must bring their own copy of Gen 5 Pokemon (Black, Black 2, White or White 2)
– We suggest all competitors bring their own DS compatible console (DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3ds, 3ds XL).
We will make a more detailed post about the event as the date draws near. Keep AUGUST 18TH open in your calendars and help SPLI celebrate our 1 Year Anniversary – POKEMON STYLE!!! 😀
Last weekend, StreetPass Long Island held our first official Meet Up Event! It was called Brawl it Out – APEX Edition, and was held as a weekend-long event from Saturday Nov. 24 to Sunday Nov. 25. We held the event at a comic book store called The Arena, located in West Babylon, NY.
On Saturday we held three separate Brawl Tournaments, including SSBB Singles and Doubles, as well as a Project M Tournament to end the evening.
We had a great turnout and the battles were heated to say the least! Everyone showed off their skills and the victors were awarded cash prizes. Good luck to everyone who will be continuing their battles at APEX 2013!
On Sunday we held a Pokemon Black and White Doubles Tournament. The turnout was a little smaller but the competition was just as fierce! We had a variety of age and experience levels at the Pokemon Tournament, which makes for a much more interesting battle atmosphere!
The winner of the Pokemon Tournament won a cash prize and a Pokemon Prize Pack from Comic Con! Congratulations to all the winners and a big thank you to everyone who participated! We also had a nice turnout of spectators for both events, and we had a lot of fun just playing 3DS games and getting StreetPasses too.
Come out to StreetPass Long Island’s first official meet up! For Thanksgiving weekend, we have joined forces with theDuL0R and Long Island SSBB to bring everyone together for an awesome event!
What: Saturday 11/24 – Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Project M Tournaments
Registration begins at 11AM
SSBB APEX Doubles start at 12PM
SSBB APEX Singles start at 3PM
Project M starts at 6PMSunday 11/25 – Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Tournament
Registration begins at 12PM
B&W2 APEX Doubles start at 1PM
B&W2 SPLI Singles start at 4PM
**ALL TOURNAMENTS LABELED AS APEX WILL FOLLOW THE APEX 2013 RULESET**
Special Bonus: Pokemon SPLI Singles Tournament! Starting at 4PM, SPLI is hosting their own Tournament (Not APEX!) with a SPECIAL NYCC PRIZE PACK for the top winners! There will be a big Pokemon B&W2/NYCC Prize Pack for the First Place winner, as well as a Second Place Pokemon Prize for the runner up. Small cash prizes for the top two winners as well. So please consider joining both Pokemon Tournaments!
Where: The Arena 983 Little East Neck Road, West Babylon, NY 11704
Directions from LIRR:
1) Take the LIRR to the “Babylon” station.
2) Take the S25 bus the the 2nd stop (Little East Neck Rd)
3) The Arena is 2 blocks South from the bus stop.