SPLI’s 3rd Anniversary is fast approaching! In past years we’ve celebrated with big Pokemon parties and tournaments, but this year we wanted to try something different. It’s quite clear that Long Island gamers are fabulous cosplayers, and since our cosplay events are always so much fun we decided to turn our group’s anniversary into a cosplay party! We’re calling our event “Nintendoland at Adventureland” because we plan on invading Long Island’s favorite amusement park in full Nintendo-themed cosplay!
Like Mario? Luigi? Metroid? Legend of Zelda? Pikmin? Wear your favorite costume to Adventureland and go on fun rides with your fellow cosplayers and Nintendo enthusiasts! We’ll be taking tons of photos, so bring your friends too! Just keep in mind that some costumes and props are NOT well suited for amusement park rides, so keep the safety of yourself and others in mind when choosing your cosplay. Also remember that weapon props will not be allowed in the park, so don’t bring that sort of thing please! If you have a specific question, please contact SPLI directly.
DATE: Saturday, August 15th / Rain Date – August 16th
TIME: 1PM – 6PM (or later depending on how it goes!)
WHERE: Adventureland – 2245 Broadhollow Rd., Farmingdale, New York 11735
PRICE: Free to Enter. Tickets must be purchased to go on amusement park rides. There is a Pay One Price option for unlimited rides for those who are interested.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Adventureland is open to the public, and most people in the park will not be expecting to see cosplayers running around. Please dress in family-friendly costumes! Please don’t be rude to random people in the park. People might try to take photos of you, if you are not OK with this, please reconsider your cosplay.
- If your costume includes a hat or props, please be sure to secure them before going on rides! Neither SPLI nor Adventureland is responsible for your cosplay props.
- You are not required to stay with the group. If you want to branch out and go on rides on your own with your friends, that’s totally fine!
- While the park is free to enter, please bring money if you plan on doing anything more than sit around. SPLI cannot pay for your tickets or food/drinks.
- Cosplay is NOT REQUIRED. You can wear whatever you want! But Nintendo costumes, t-shirts, etc. are recommended for optimal fun!
- Bring your 3DS for StreetPasses! That’s what we’re all about!
We are planning to meet up at 1PM at the front of the parking lot where you buy tickets. We will go into the park together as a group and take some photos. If you need to arrive late, you can come anytime. It shouldn’t be too hard to find the rest of the group members!
Have any questions about the event? Please comment here on the site or email us at info @ spli dot com! 🙂